Skip to main content

PUSH FOR APPLICANTS @ INTRIGUE

Submitted by Intrigue on
Forum

My business advisor always asks me when I speak with him whether I have got my project up and running and a team working away, so far I have answered simply with an irritated no, to which he replies with something like: ?that?s a real shame, Australia really needs a next-gen console title like yours.?

This coming from a guy who has over 14 years experience in the game development business ;). I figure it is about time that I can start answering yes to that question.

IN THE COMING WEEKS?

So far, I have completed a draft of the various pitching materials ? design and business docs ? of the project with the help of a small development loan from a government investment body ? this also funded a good deal of concept art for the title.

Over the coming weeks I will be approaching various business angel networks in order to secure a chunk of funding to initiate the gameplay prototype demo development phase of Intrigue?s next-generation console project ? the last part of the project?s preproduction.

This funding will be married to sources of government funding to effectively double it and raise in total: $400-500,000 AUD.

PUSH FOR APPLICANTS?

Ever since I first launched the Intrigue site back in 2004, and even to this day, I have had individuals and other interested parties state their interest in the project, and their wish to be involved in the project. But with the passing of time, people?s interests and circumstances have changed and they have moved on, resulting in a shifting mass of interest ? as over time others have shown their interest and filled various holes, and others have left and so on.

I have also been reluctant to push for applicants and advertise the progress of the project, as I did not feel that the project was ready nor was the global and local development environment right to do so. I no longer see this as being the case.

At this critical point in the project, as well as in the industry as we transition to next-gen development, I see the greatest need to start solidifying people?s involvement in the project, and to attract new interest ? albeit no work will commence until funding is in place to pay for the work.

To that end I am calling for those that may be interested in a new-venture, a true next-generation console title that has been planned to be next-gen from day one, unlike many that are merely patched up current-gen projects seeking funding for PS3 and XBOX-360 development from publishers. To show their interest and apply with Intrigue ? in strict confidence ? about the opportunities at Intrigue and on our initial next-gen console title.

We are looking for experienced professionals for the most part, to fill roles at all levels on the team in the following areas of development:

--> Code
--> Art
--> Design

Please visit the role section of the www.intrigue-entertainment.com site for more details ? also note that the site has gone through a major revision.

WHAT APPLICANTS CAN EXPECT?

I can safely say that I have wasted very little of people?s time, and have paid for all work done to date for the project ? unlike many unfunded and solely sweat-equity funded ventures. My plan is to continue this trend, and to first secure funding before work is undertaken by anyone other than myself.

Initially I am asking very little from people, other than some feedback on the project, and the expectation that things may start moving surprisingly quickly ? as most of the preplanning has been done and a solid foundation laid for a next-gen title.

People will not be expected to commence work on the project until funding is secured, which I am confident in doing so by mid 2006 and I am aiming for March 2006 ? with the prototype taking roughly 12 months. Furthermore, candidates can expect a properly funded project with competitive remuneration packages for the opportunity on offer ? I expect the project to take 3-4 years and require around $8 million AUD in development funding.

IN CLOSING?

I am more confident that ever that this project will secure the next-phase of funding ? with or without the team being more finalised ? and I am confident that it will secure more funding in the future based on the current business documentation of the project, which underwent a major revision in the past few weeks ? which I now feel this aspect of the project is around 95% complete.

I also wish to state that the longer interested parties take to show interest and start to get involved, the more progress will be made without them, and the less that will be on the table in offer to them as remuneration ? after all: the greater the risk, the greater the reward!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and thanks to all the people that have shown interest in Intrigue and our project to date.

Cheers,

Ivan Beram ? Project Director
www.intrigue-entertainment.com

Posted by Intrigue on
Forum

My business advisor always asks me when I speak with him whether I have got my project up and running and a team working away, so far I have answered simply with an irritated no, to which he replies with something like: ?that?s a real shame, Australia really needs a next-gen console title like yours.?

This coming from a guy who has over 14 years experience in the game development business ;). I figure it is about time that I can start answering yes to that question.

IN THE COMING WEEKS?

So far, I have completed a draft of the various pitching materials ? design and business docs ? of the project with the help of a small development loan from a government investment body ? this also funded a good deal of concept art for the title.

Over the coming weeks I will be approaching various business angel networks in order to secure a chunk of funding to initiate the gameplay prototype demo development phase of Intrigue?s next-generation console project ? the last part of the project?s preproduction.

This funding will be married to sources of government funding to effectively double it and raise in total: $400-500,000 AUD.

PUSH FOR APPLICANTS?

Ever since I first launched the Intrigue site back in 2004, and even to this day, I have had individuals and other interested parties state their interest in the project, and their wish to be involved in the project. But with the passing of time, people?s interests and circumstances have changed and they have moved on, resulting in a shifting mass of interest ? as over time others have shown their interest and filled various holes, and others have left and so on.

I have also been reluctant to push for applicants and advertise the progress of the project, as I did not feel that the project was ready nor was the global and local development environment right to do so. I no longer see this as being the case.

At this critical point in the project, as well as in the industry as we transition to next-gen development, I see the greatest need to start solidifying people?s involvement in the project, and to attract new interest ? albeit no work will commence until funding is in place to pay for the work.

To that end I am calling for those that may be interested in a new-venture, a true next-generation console title that has been planned to be next-gen from day one, unlike many that are merely patched up current-gen projects seeking funding for PS3 and XBOX-360 development from publishers. To show their interest and apply with Intrigue ? in strict confidence ? about the opportunities at Intrigue and on our initial next-gen console title.

We are looking for experienced professionals for the most part, to fill roles at all levels on the team in the following areas of development:

--> Code
--> Art
--> Design

Please visit the role section of the www.intrigue-entertainment.com site for more details ? also note that the site has gone through a major revision.

WHAT APPLICANTS CAN EXPECT?

I can safely say that I have wasted very little of people?s time, and have paid for all work done to date for the project ? unlike many unfunded and solely sweat-equity funded ventures. My plan is to continue this trend, and to first secure funding before work is undertaken by anyone other than myself.

Initially I am asking very little from people, other than some feedback on the project, and the expectation that things may start moving surprisingly quickly ? as most of the preplanning has been done and a solid foundation laid for a next-gen title.

People will not be expected to commence work on the project until funding is secured, which I am confident in doing so by mid 2006 and I am aiming for March 2006 ? with the prototype taking roughly 12 months. Furthermore, candidates can expect a properly funded project with competitive remuneration packages for the opportunity on offer ? I expect the project to take 3-4 years and require around $8 million AUD in development funding.

IN CLOSING?

I am more confident that ever that this project will secure the next-phase of funding ? with or without the team being more finalised ? and I am confident that it will secure more funding in the future based on the current business documentation of the project, which underwent a major revision in the past few weeks ? which I now feel this aspect of the project is around 95% complete.

I also wish to state that the longer interested parties take to show interest and start to get involved, the more progress will be made without them, and the less that will be on the table in offer to them as remuneration ? after all: the greater the risk, the greater the reward!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and thanks to all the people that have shown interest in Intrigue and our project to date.

Cheers,

Ivan Beram ? Project Director
www.intrigue-entertainment.com