Skip to main content

What's this all about then?

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Someone suggested in the irc channel that we have some sort of speed paint challenge happening.. So I'm thinking of having a short 2 hour speed paint activity once every month.. perhaps on a Sunday night when everyone should be at home. Topic would be announced via the irc channel, and then you paint as best/fast as you can then post it in this new section.. waddya think?

irc.uq.edu.au (QUESTNet), at the channel #sumea

20th April this month for the first speed paint.. I'll post news as the date draws nearer.. 8pm to 10pm.

Submitted by rezn0r on Mon, 21/04/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

I'm left handed too!

Whats going on!?!?!

Scott.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 21/04/03 - 7:30 PM Permalink

Which side you draw objects facing has alot to do with wether your left or right handed, if you are left handed you commonly draw objects facing the right, it gives you a more controlled arc when drawing into your body instead of away from it.

Of course not everyone does that, I generally compose my work facing the right.

Doesn't explain why I drew that one facing to the left though. Just looked better that way I guess. Strange considering it was a speed paint, you'd think I'd instinctively face it to the right being that it'd be faster for me to draw that way.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 21/04/03 - 7:46 PM Permalink

Great work guys, love the horse Malus and my hat is off to the code guys who entered. Sorry I didn't participate still sorting out the moving house wrinkles, but I should be in the next one. (Pity its like a month away, so long to wait *sigh*)

Again, great stuff guys.

Pantmonger

Submitted by adie on Mon, 21/04/03 - 9:14 PM Permalink

you should have this comp every sunday night!![;)] I was working on a Fash animaton so couldnt join in this time

nice work every one some of them are a pissa
cool looking horse malus

Submitted by Idaho on Wed, 23/04/03 - 5:13 AM Permalink

im with adie, this speed paint thing will be great i want it every weekend. unfortunately i couldnt participate this time, i was on holiday. good work to all entrys

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Thu, 24/04/03 - 7:24 PM Permalink

Awwww I missed it, looks like it would have been fun, I'll try be around for the next speedpaint session hehe [:D]

Posted by souri on
Forum

Someone suggested in the irc channel that we have some sort of speed paint challenge happening.. So I'm thinking of having a short 2 hour speed paint activity once every month.. perhaps on a Sunday night when everyone should be at home. Topic would be announced via the irc channel, and then you paint as best/fast as you can then post it in this new section.. waddya think?

irc.uq.edu.au (QUESTNet), at the channel #sumea

20th April this month for the first speed paint.. I'll post news as the date draws nearer.. 8pm to 10pm.

Submitted by rezn0r on Mon, 21/04/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

I'm left handed too!

Whats going on!?!?!

Scott.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 21/04/03 - 7:30 PM Permalink

Which side you draw objects facing has alot to do with wether your left or right handed, if you are left handed you commonly draw objects facing the right, it gives you a more controlled arc when drawing into your body instead of away from it.

Of course not everyone does that, I generally compose my work facing the right.

Doesn't explain why I drew that one facing to the left though. Just looked better that way I guess. Strange considering it was a speed paint, you'd think I'd instinctively face it to the right being that it'd be faster for me to draw that way.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 21/04/03 - 7:46 PM Permalink

Great work guys, love the horse Malus and my hat is off to the code guys who entered. Sorry I didn't participate still sorting out the moving house wrinkles, but I should be in the next one. (Pity its like a month away, so long to wait *sigh*)

Again, great stuff guys.

Pantmonger

Submitted by adie on Mon, 21/04/03 - 9:14 PM Permalink

you should have this comp every sunday night!![;)] I was working on a Fash animaton so couldnt join in this time

nice work every one some of them are a pissa
cool looking horse malus

Submitted by Idaho on Wed, 23/04/03 - 5:13 AM Permalink

im with adie, this speed paint thing will be great i want it every weekend. unfortunately i couldnt participate this time, i was on holiday. good work to all entrys

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Thu, 24/04/03 - 7:24 PM Permalink

Awwww I missed it, looks like it would have been fun, I'll try be around for the next speedpaint session hehe [:D]