Transmission Games is a video games company in Melbourne, Australia. The recently released Heatseeker, AFL Premiership 2007, the record-breaking Gaelic Games: Football, the multi-award winning World War II combat flight game Heroes of the Pacific, have all cemented the company's position as a significant, international game development studio.
During this time, the company has grown from thirty employees to over one hundred, spread across three development teams.
Due to continued growth and new projects, we are seeking Senior Artists and Lead Artists to join our Melbourne development studio.
SENIOR ARTIST role:
The Senior Artist is responsible for the creation of game art asset. May lead a small team of artists, and be responsible for their schedule and quality delivery.
• A qualification or equivalent industry experience in graphic design is desirable.
• A minimum of 3 year games experience, including experience with relevant industry standard software.
• Demonstrate artistic aptitude and an understanding of technical issues.
• Be able to direct and supervise smaller work teams within the project.
• Accept levels of responsibility for sections of the project.
• Be able to mentor other staff and field questions about the project.
• Liaise with the production team and the Lead in the area of planning and production
LEAD ARTIST role:
The Lead Artist Leads and manages the art team for a project and is responsible and accountable for every aspect of the artistic content on a project. Is also responsible for developing and maintaining the schedule for artists and ensuring milestones are met.
• A tertiary qualification in graphic design or visual arts is highly desirable.
• Has a minimum of 4 years experience in game art design/creation.
• Is expert in at least one area of game art production.
• Possesses excellent communication skills.
• Has a proven track record of successful game creation and implementation.
• Has a minimum of 2 years games experience as a Senior Artist.
• Demonstrable artistic aptitude.
• Be able to plan, monitor and adjust execution of projects and accept accountability.
• Must have an understanding of management principles, lead by example and be ability to delegate.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
Visa and Relocation assistance available to the successful candidate.
To apply please click on the following link: