*** THIS POSITION IS FILLED ***
THQ Inc. is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. We develop and publish content for gaming platforms including Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3. Not only do we have a portfolio of top-selling, award-winning interactive entertainment but a friendly, supportive and creative organisational culture.
THQ Studio Australia is seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer to maintain and extend the features of the company’s proprietary engine technology. They will interact closely with designers, artists and animators to achieve the vision of the game. The successful candidate will have a strong background in C/C++, rendering architectures and modern graphics pipelines, knowledge of general and 3D mathematics, and the ability to write clear, maintainable code. Professional experience with graphics on the PS3 and/or Xbox360 platforms, architecting new rendering engines, and working with new or in-development hardware is ideal. A passion for playing and creating AAA games is also highly desirable.
THQ Studio Australia welcomes applicants who combine their talent with drive, passion and a positive team approach that complements our studio culture. The studio is offering the opportunity to work on a prestigious project and internationally recognized IP, and in a creative and supportive workplace culture.
- Develop and maintain the core technology to be used in commercial AAA game titles.
- Design and implement new visual systems based on new research or techniques.
- Analyse code performance and optimise code appropriately for speed and memory usage.
- Absorb documentation on new hardware & software systems in order to implement new features.
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines.
- Contribute to the overall design of the technology plan of the company and game titles.
- Research new graphics techniques and assess their suitability for adoption into the engine.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications, etc.
- 6+ years of experience in game development and/or three quality shipped titles in a key engine role.
- 5+ years of console development experience in an engine role.
- Hands-on experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Lighting and Lighting Pipelines
- Shaders and Shader Frameworks
- Rendering Architecture
- Up-to-date knowledge of current graphics techniques such as per-pixel lighting, HDR/tone mapping, shadow mapping, deferred rendering techniques, etc.
- Strong technical skills:
- 6+ years of C/C++
- 5+ years of graphics programming experience
- Solid foundation in 3D maths
- Low level coding experience (PS3 SPU intrinsics, VMX, etc)
- Previous experience working with multi-core architectures
- Experience with high-level shader languages (HLSL, CG)
- Experience working with platform profiling tools also a plus
- Experience working with 3D art tools such as 3dsMax & Maya highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience.
*** THIS POSITION IS FILLED ***