The Technical Programming Lead is responsible for the integrity of all engine and tool programming, and resolution of all system technical issues for each project to the high standards expected of a AAA title.
The Technical Programming Lead works closely with the Technical Programming Director to ensure the game engine and tools meet all requirements of the game
The Technical Programming Lead will inspire the technical programming team to design and implement cutting edge systems, work with vendors to integrate software into projects.
- Work with the Technical Director to produce technical design documents and schedules
- Write, document and test code to implement the technical design
- Liaise with design and art teams to ensure that code addresses their technical needs
- Research technology to ensure that 2K Games products remain at the forefront of games technology
- Manage all members of the tech programming team, ensuring they are fully tasked and working effectively and efficiently.
- Review and critique code design and implementation from other programmers
- Play a lead role in the ongoing evolution of the software development process at 2K Games.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Superior demonstrated understanding of C/C++
- A solid understanding of OO design principles
- High level knowledge and experience working with Unreal Engine 3
- At least five years experience in a commercial games environment
- Strong demonstrated staff management experience
- At least five years experience working with current generation game console technology
- Must have shipped at least two game titles working in a senior coding, system design capacity
- Superior communication skills and interest in working with our game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Genuine interest in game development and game technology
Additional Experience and Skills (desirable but not essential):
- Tertiary educational qualifications in computer science and mathematics
- Working knowledge or better of 3D rendering principles including principles of rendering pipelines, 3D transforms and linear algebra, DirectX APIs and current generation 3D graphics hardware and drivers.
- Working with overseas developers and publishers
Please contact Tony Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details