Blue Tongue Entertainment, a video game developer based in Melbourne, Australia. Blue Tongue currently has 90 employees and is part of THQ Inc- a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company has developed for all popular video game systems, and has experience in many genres
Blue Tongue Entertainment was founded in October 1995. Titles produced include AFL Finals Fever (PC), Starship Troopers (PC), Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PS2/Xbox/PC) and more recently Barnyard (PS2/GameCube/PC/Wii) and Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island (PS2/GameCube). The studio is currently working on two new titles, an action-adventure game for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii, and a new IP exclusive to the Nintendo Wii. With continued growth and a line-up of exciting next-gen projects in development, the future for Blue Tongue is a bright one.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing task management on a project, ensuring production timelines are met, and establishing realistic task time estimates. This position will be working on a new IP on the Nintendo Wii system, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone that’s looking to move into the industry, or if you are just looking for an interesting and original project to be part of. This position will report directly to the Project Director.
- Ensuring delivery of milestones following the studio production development process.
- Working with the team leads and studio management to manage risk and ensure realistic game scope.
- Running team meetings and ensuring good communication between team members of all disciplines.
- Liaise with Product Manager and the THQ’s PR & marketing operations to provide necessary materials.
- Guide the team and the game through post-production and submissions to deliver multi-lingual SKU’s on-time and on-budget.
- Experience manager a team of developers.
- Good understanding of Project Management techniques.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Project, MS Office and Power Point.
- Good communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games in general
For a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Kirkby, Recruitment Co-ordinator at email@example.com or +61 3 99149944.
Please click on one of the below links for full details of this and other open positions at Blue Tongue