Qantm College is seeking an experienced games designer to deliver tutorial sessions to our Bachelor of Interactive Entertainment students, in the upcoming trimester.
The role is primarily technical, and would suit someone comfortable with scripting and assisting students in their major project. Proficiency in the following areas will be highly valued:
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine (UDK)
- Strong knowledge of Unity
- Other engine knowledge will be looked on favourably
- Avid gamer with strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with all aspects of games design, ranging from the psychology of play to narrative elements and the application of gaming technology outside of entertainment
- Post-graduate qualification preferred
- Knowledge of academic writing essential
- Strong presentation skills essential
Duties will include the following:
- Delivering tutorials in a classroom context that detail practical and academic exercises
- Managing the classroom and the students independently.
- Providing tuition within the UDK and Unity game engines as well as the theoretical aspects of game design
- Marking a range of assessments including academic essays, tutorial activities and practical game scenarios.
We would be interested in hearing for experienced professionals. Ideally this would suit someone currently working in the games Industry, who wishes to assist the next generation of game designers reach their full potential.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Dr Jens Schroeder
Qantm College, Sydney
L2, 74-78 Wentworth Ave, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Ph. 02 8241 5300