EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
What is EA looking for?
A sharp, ambitious, visionary Lead Level Designer to join our staff. The ideal candidate will have at least 4-6+ years experience in game design. The Lead Level Designer is responsible for creating and maintaining the level design vision in support of the overall product vision.
· Work with Producers and other Leads to drive the team’s understanding of the project’s vision.
· Develop and maintain level design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, guidelines, and mission outlines.
· Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table in regards to every facet of the game: mechanics, story, missions, and more.
· Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic and remain on schedule; participate in regular, hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
· Ensure that prototypes are developed.
· Lead assigned design team to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned products.
· Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with inside and outside creative resources.
What technical skills and experience do I need?
· Various levels of education will be considered coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years level design experience in the video game industry.
· Experience with mission / level scripting, including AI, in-game interactive sequences, puzzles, objectives etc.
· Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
· Proven leadership and mentorship abilities; able to focus and work without micro-managing design team.
· Ability to design within existing game design and fiction to create new systems, missions, and freeplay.
· Passion for and broad knowledge of various genres & games on different platforms, with an ability to critically analyze them.
· Exhibit good comprehension of gameplay values and spatial reasoning.
· Absorption and continuous learning of all fields related to level design, staying in tune with trends and products emerging in the gaming marketplace.
· Teamwork - ability to work in and lead teams of individuals from a variety of functional areas.
· Mentorship - share knowledge of company/project technology to create a framework where others can contribute ideas and processes.
· Experience with 3D suites (Max, Maya, MissionMan, QeRadiant etc.) for creating game missions and environments.
Why should I join the tEAm?
· Challenging and rewarding work
· Fantastic tEAm
· Flexible Working Hours
· Competitive Salary
· Annual Leave Loading
· Death and Total and Permanent Disability Insurance
· Salary Continuance Insurance
· Free and Discounted Games
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Assistance Program