Submitted by Big World
BigWorld is looking for a Server Software Engineer / Game Development Framework
- Online Game Technology
- Linux / C++ / Python
- Development and Support
BigWorld is seeking a software development and support engineer for its award winning BigWorld- Technology for use in Massively Multiplayer Online Games. In this challenging role you will have to demonstrate your dual ability to support and further develop robust technical solutions, while fostering excellent relationships with our clients.
We are looking for a Server Software Engineer who has strong problem solving, documentation and people skills to directly assist game development teams with using and integrating BigWorld- Technology. As a proactive member of a tight knit team of world-class software developers, your primary responsibility will be to support our customers- game development efforts and provide senior expertise on use issues. In this role, you will communicate with many groups, particularly clients, confirming that needs are met and future needs are anticipated.
Your secondary role will be to write technical documentation and ensure that it accurately reflects the behaviour of the software.
From time to time, you will also be called upon to develop add-on sub-systems to BigWorld Technology.
- 3-4 years C++ programming to system level (you will need to do our C++ test)
- 2+ years Unix/Linux experience
- Low level IP protocol knowledge (TCP, UDP)
- Knowledge of processes & multitasking issues
- Large scale distributed systems
- Strong Technical Writing skills
- Microsoft Windows experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in 2D and 3D computer graphics and physics will be an advantage.
- Experience of development tools such as GCC and CVS
- Knowledge of debugging and profiling tools will be an advantage
- Ability to analyse complex issues
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
- Good people skills and ability to work with many different engineers with differing talent levels.
- Forward thinker who keeps long term goals in mind even when dealing with short term problems.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work successfully without direct supervision.
Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience.
This is the perfect position if you are looking for career development within a growing and very dynamic company.
If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume, quoting ref BWSSESUMEA03b by email to: email@example.com.