Blue Tongue Entertainment was founded in October 1995, and became a part of THQ in 2004. We now have more than 90 staff, and have shipped games in a wide range of genres. Popular titles from Blue Tongue include Starship Troopers Terran Ascendancy, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, the Nicktoons series of games, and our acclaimed Nintendo Wii-exclusive de Blob.
The Level Designer is responsible for designing, object placement and scripting of the world in a game. This position will be working on a fantastic new Wii title, this is a great opportunity for someone that's looking to break into the industry, or if you are just looking for an interesting and original project to be part of. This position will report directly to the Lead Designer.
• Create fun and exciting levels, delivered to a high degree of detail and polish, based on an established game mechanic.
• Balancing and adjusting game-play experiences, puzzles and mechanics.
• Contribute creatively and technically to the team.
• Excellent Oral and Aural skills required, creative writing skills a distinct advantage.
• Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to deliver high quality, fun and engaging game play in a 3D space.
• Knowledge of architecture and visual arts, drawing skills an advantage.
• An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of games and what makes them fun.
• Adaptable and capable of multi-tasking, ability to problem solve.
• Great visual research skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• A good balance between Idealism and Pragmatism, willing and able to design within technical and other constraints.
• Must be friendly, responsible, accountable, and proactive.
• Able to listen to and implement constructive criticism.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Kirkby, Recruitment Co-ordinator on +61 3 99149944.
Please send all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org