REDTRIBE hiring Level Builder

Company:
Location:
News:

Minimum of 1 game shipped or 2+ years of experience in the games industry OR for an entry level position exceptional skills in level building that are demonstrable.

Strong 3D level building and scripting skills.

Solid familiarity with 3DS Maxlevel building tools

The ability to work without supervision to create high-quality environments efficiently.

Passion for video games and broad knowledge of titles and mechanics.

Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, collaborate productively with others and work to set deadlines

Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.

Strong portfolio of work demonstrating key areas of expertise. For entry level applicants, examples of working levels and MODs of existing gaming titles.

Comments

anonymous's picture

• 1. glenn - Fri, 1 Dec 2006 18:53:59Z
    I am a student who would later in life really like to become a level designer for red tribe.I am 15 at the moment and at year 9 level, i really want to improve my skills, could you please tell me some level designing programs, programs i would need to use to impress you, thank you for your time.
  • 2. Anonymous Coward - Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:46:58Z
    You should look at 3DS Max, student addition.
  • 3. Anonymous Coward - Sun, 3 Dec 2006 9:43:9Z
    Most level designing software is all in house. Try building up your art building skills with max, building a level with all the art assets, and also look at programs like NeverWinter Nights and stuff, they release their level builder with the application. It'll give you an idea what people use. Generally also you need to be able to do some light scripting, scripting is like a cut down programming language so you can program the characters and events in the game.
  • 4. Anonymous Coward - Sun, 3 Dec 2006 9:52:2Z
    BTW another thing you should look at when you leave school is there are schools, uni programs that specialise in games development. Look into those and see how you go with that.
  • 5. Ahmed Rostom - Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:38:51Z
    Hi I'm also looking at becoming an entry level environment designer, I'm looking for a company that's interested in a long term employee, I can do anything and everything from rigging, to texturing, modelling etc, I'm a 2nd year student at the AIE, I have a website thats not gonna be finished till the end of january, because I have a warehouse level project to finish off. I have a few things to show not alot is that gonna be a problem looking for work? I feel I'm ready, I can do this, just hoping a company will give me a chance.
  • 6. Anonymous Coward - Wed, 10 Jan 2007 7:53:32Z
    Why is it that no one actually bothers to apply in the traditional sense for these roles on Sumea, like with a covering email and zip file of their work and resume, or at least an attached resume and link to their website or something.

These threads aren't meant for people to "apply" for jobs with.

• 7. Red Tribe - Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:5:9Z
    To number 5. Send in your resume to REDTRIBE. We're always looking for good people.
  • 8. Itsokdesu - Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:33:45Z
    'These jobs aren't meant for people to "apply" for jobs with.'
    Why the hell not? (okay, there are some pretty good job sites, and also an etiquette that should be followed, but isn't that corporate policy? Well anyway, I'm glad such discussion takes place and also to see representation from the company that posted the Blog.

You'll may well find, that people who can think outside the box or rules or conventions are successful in industries that do not necessarily follow strict corporate policies. :)