THQ Studio Australia, based in sunny Brisbane, Australia, is a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Founded in January 2003 as part of THQ Inc., THQ Studio Australia now employs more than 100 talented staff developing on all major console platforms, including Microsoft Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii.
The Level Designer will be responsible for designing, building and documenting gameplay elements and levels in the game. The position will require the use of our proprietary level design/world building tools and close collaboration with the environment art team to produce finished game worlds. This position will report directly to the Lead Designer.
• Create and execute level design documents
• Collaborate with the design team to research and prototype interesting and fun gameplay ideas
• Place game objects throughout a world
• Set up scripts on objects
• Tune and balance levels, puzzles, triggers and effects
• Game industry experience
• Proven ability to design engaging gaming experiences
• Ability to think and be familiar with 3D space
• Knowledge of 3D art tools
• Written English and creative writing skills a distinct advantage
• University Education desired
What more can we offer?
• Discount stock option programs
• Income protection insurance
• Friday drinks
• Free fruit and espresso coffee
• Social functions
• Games area and games library
• Also the office is easily accessible
*** This position is no longer available ***