SAE Melbourne is seeking an experienced educational leader for the role of Department Coordinator for our Games department.
If you have a talent for academic leadership, a passion and experience in games design and development, are results driven, and looking for an employer with a dynamic culture then look no further.
What is the role:
- A higher education leadership role responsible for the academic quality assurance and compliance of a games department
- Leading and managing a team of passionate games design and development educators
- Supporting students to reach their full academic potential while providing an outstanding student experience
- A collegial role important in shaping and developing the curriculum and academic direction for SAE at a campus and national level
- Leading by example through exemplary course content creation, delivery and assessment, and participation in the quality assurance processes of SAE
- Actively promoting achievements of SAE, its students and staff and build relationships to further promote the Institute's programs within the wider professional community
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven history in an education leadership role with experience teaching at HE level
- Someone who has led and managed a small team and who can work effectively in a team environment
- A high level of professional industry practice in games design and development with an established portfolio of work
- A postgraduate qualification, preferably at Masters level or equivalent
- A passionate educator who is student focussed
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines within an always evolving and dynamic environment
- Highly organised and proactive, with a commitment to continuous improvement and support to staff and students.
What we can do for you:
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check. SAE promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please apply online and include a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, or alternatively, email your application to Andrew Broadhead on email@example.com
For further information or a copy of the position description, please contact Andrew Broadhead on the above email.
Applications close 31 October 2018. Any received past the close-off date may be considered pending recruitment process.
Who we are:
SAE is the world's leading educator in creative media industries. Established in 1976 we have 53 campuses in 27 countries offering certificates, diplomas and degrees. Our students get practical, hands-on training with experienced and dedicated teachers in world-class facilities. At SAE we aim to unleash the potential of our students so they are industry-ready and eager to launch their career in Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, Web & Mobile.
SAE Australia has campuses located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Byron Bay.