Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne's CBD only a stones throw from the Yarra with amazing views. We work on a number of games for PC, Console and Mobile platforms . We work with some of the industry’s most noteworthy and experienced game developers, producers and artists.
Enjoy free coffees made by our in-house barista, friday nights drinks and a fun social environment.
Playcorp is looking for an experienced gameplay programmer, with a passion for coding and an enthusiasm for creating game content in code. You will be working closely with designers, artists and other programmers to implement gameplay features.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working on features in areas such as Game Mechanics, UI, Animation, Audio, Hero and NPC Interaction.
* Working in an Agile development environment
* Reviewing other programmers’ code and ensure style-guide compliance and that code is extensible and maintainable
* QA testing of other team members’ task submissions
* Debugging issues in the game
* Optimization of code to meet performance requirements
* Stay up to date with latest development techniques and see how they can improve current design and workflow
* Any other duties requested that fall within the abilities of the employee
Requirements and experience:
* At least 5 years of professional game development experience.
* Advanced programming, software architecture and software design skills.
* Previous experience with Unity 3D
* Be able to inspire and motivate the programming team.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Having a thorough understanding of gameplay mechanics and how they are connected.
* Comprehensive knowledge of C#
* Previous experience with finite state machines and command pattern programming.
* Comfortable working in a small to medium team to produce the best results
* Experience working with source control
* Clear verbal and written communications
If interested, please send us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Resume and any additional attachments with the title ‘Gameplay Programmer’
Thanks for taking the time to read this!