Millipede is an award-winning mobile, education and game development agency in headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. We create beautiful mobile experiences that make people learn, laugh and tap play one more time.
Our people are the core of Millipede, connected by creativity and our love of the tech. The guiding principle for Millipede’s existence is to create an environment where people can practice their craft, learn, grow and continue to love what they do.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who is currently in a senior or lead art/design role.
The kind of person we are looking for will love:
- Working in a small team that does a bit of everything
- Defining new art and animation styles from scratch
- Working on a huge variety of styles over different projects
- Playing in the space between design and illustration
- Making functional designs beautiful
- Trying new things, whether it’s working with new technologies or geeking out on the latest design styles
You’ll need to be able to:
- Work with a variety of technologies – 2D, 3D, VR, AR, Flash, Unity, custom engines and tools
- Work closely with developers and understand the interface between art and development
- Direct UX and user flows
- Understand animation processes
You will be working across a diverse range of projects like the global smash property Dumb Ways to Die for Metro Trains, the award winning gamification campaign Free the Fruit for Boost Juice, and ground-breaking play-based learning games for the Federal Australian Government, KPMG, Coles, Westpac and many more high-profile clients.
While you need to be a great manager and inspiring leader for our small but growing art team, you will still enjoy being on the tools, leading by example and ensuring quality in everything we do. You will have a great creative mind and will relish contributing to concepting, proactive pitching and internal product and game development.
Core responsibilities include:
- Managing and directing the art team, consisting of permanent and contract staff
- Maintaining a high standard and quality of output in everything we do
- Driving new business through response documents, presentations and prototyping
- Collaborating with producers to plan, scope and resource projects
- Recruitment, performance management, career development plans
Please submit your CV, folio, and also three of your favourite visual works (whether it’s a GIF or a classical painting or anything in between), and explain why you like it.