Bubble Gum Interactive is the rapidly growing studio behind award winning games like Jetpack Jinx and Space Heroes Universe!
We have a position available for a talented and experienced user interface designer to help develop our new line-up of mobile games.
You will need to be passionate about UI, possess excellent graphic design, icon design and illustration skills and demonstrate an understanding of flow and interactivity between elements.
Familiarity with the production and technical standards for Android and iOS UI are highly desirable.
Because we create games, you’ll need to show how app UI can be intuitive, accessible and practical without sacrificing ‘fun’. Our games are vibrant and appealing, and the UI plays a key role in making them easy-to-learn, hard-to-master and addictively fun-to-play!
- Work with the Art Director and Game design team to develop and produce all UI, from initial rough concepts through to final polished in-game assets
- Ability to grasp each project’s unique needs, and translate them into compelling UI
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day process of developing the user interface and flow for each game
- Stay in regular, collaborative communication with the Creative and Art Directors
- Amazing graphic design skills, with attention to detail and ability to create pixel accurate UI elements including icons, buttons, dialogs, HUD, meters, badges, power-ups and collectibles
- Ability to produce quality results in a diverse range of, family-friendly visual styles, depending on the needs of each project. Illustration skills that can be applied to icons, logos and game screen elements
- Ability to work quickly to very high quality standards, multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Expertise in relevant design software including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passionate about games and apps
- Ability to work with remote teams
This is a great opportunity to join a unique and fast-growing player in the gaming industry. We'll offer a competitive salary package, opportunities for growth and we have a dynamic and vibrant startup culture.
Opportunity available in our Sydney or Brisbane studios.
To apply for this role click Apply Now here and send your CV and links to your portolio.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.