Lead – Senior C++ Software Engineers – Complex Back-End Server Projects
Wargaming Sydney is looking for Lead / Senior Software Engineers to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our Linux based server backend, a distributed processing software architecture that can handle millions of players in an online world.
What you will bring:
- At least 7 years solid C/C++ development experience and good knowledge of C++ internals
- Strong problem solving ability, knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Strong code and system design skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills essential
- Multiplatform development environments (Linux/UNIX incl. gcc & gdb, Windows incl. Visual Studio, svn/git/Perforce etc.)
- Exposure to distributed systems and network programming
It would be great if you also have:
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, sockets and network programming
- Python programming experience
- MMO engine development experience
- Unity / Android / iOS platform development experience
- Leadership experience or skills
If you are passionate about the games industry, and enjoy solving technical and design challenges creatively please apply using the link on this page or forward your resume by email to: email@example.com to embark on your career with Wargaming!
A bit about the studio and office:
We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central station.
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours.
- We work on challenging projects.
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars.
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit.
- We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
The Sydney office works on the cutting edge online game engine called BigWorld Technology, used by Wargaming studios around the world to power games such as World of Tanks, which has over 100 million players. BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com
Please apply using the link on this page or forward your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to embark on your career with Wargaming! Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.