ABOUT ZERO LATENCY
Zero Latency is the global pioneer and leader in free-roam, multiplayer, virtual reality entertainment and training. Our technology allows your body to become the controller and explore any digital world like you do real life. Our passionate team is based at our company headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and is dedicated to creating the most immersive and engaging free-roam virtual reality experiences in the world.
Started in 2013, Zero Latency has grown rapidly after securing multiple rounds of funding and is taking the world by storm with rave reviews. In November 2017 Zero Latency took out 3rd place in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2017 awards for Australia, and 8th place in the APAC Tech Fast 500 awards, and our games won both first and second prize for best new product at the renowned entertainment expo IAAPA 2017.
Zero Latency created the genre of Free Roam VR with our award winning FRVR system. We opened our first public facility in October 2014. Now with more than 17 existing Zero Latency locations worldwide, we have already established a presence in North America, Asia, and Europe, in addition to our Australian sites.
Over the next 5 years we will grow to a global network of over 100 interconnected entertainment centres, expanding our platform to publish premium content that will include the world’s largest FRVR esports network.
As part of the content development team the Lead Artist works closely with the Art Director to contribute to the day-to-day running of the art team, create 3D objects and compelling 3D environments, and be involved in decisions to improve pipeline and efficiency. The Lead Artist may also be called on to represent the art team in cross discipline meetings with code and design in order for the team to create of world class free roam VR experiences.
• Support the Art Director in communicating the art direction and being available to the art team to guide and explain technical and stylistic questions.
• Mentor less experienced artists on team, leading by example and offering advice and sharing experience.
• Review progress of art team’s tasks and communicating potential issues to Art Director and Project Manager.
• Create high quality game ready models including environments and characters with minimal direction and high level of autonomy.
• Excellent technical understanding of current asset workflows, shaders and engine capabilities
• Improve workflow and efficiency for creating high quality game art, and communicate that to the team through presentations and documentation.
• Create efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constraints
• Create realistic and efficient shaders
• Work closely together with Design and Programming departments to ensure efficiency, high quality and adherence to asset budgets.
• Set and improve art standards for Zero Latency game systems
• Assist with the QA of new and existing game systems
• Log work in Jira to ensure transparency and accuracy regarding task estimations
• Document stages of development in Confluence
• Present work during game content showcase
• Participate in project retrospectives and sprint planning
• Run game sessions in the Zero Latency test facility to test and showcase game systems for team members
• Assist the Project manager facilitate project showcase, retrospectives and sprint planning
• Assist the Project Manager and Art Director to plan and scope projects
• Assist junior, mid and peer artists with the planning and execution of their work
WHO YOU ARE
• 5+ years’ experience creating high quality assets for video games
• Experience managing 3D artists in game development
• High technical ability and understanding of current asset pipelines (including PBR, high to low workflows, lighting with VFX a bonus)
• Unreal engine (with Unity experience a bonus)
• Autodesk Maya (or Max is acceptable)
• Substance Painter (with Substance Designer a bonus)
• Ability to create 2D or 3D concepts and prototypes
• VR experience not a pre-requisite but is highly desirable
Your ability to think outside the box, develop new ideas, but also move fast when the pressure is on is a huge plus.
Bring your energy, flair and ideas to our fun-loving visionary company who will support you on your mission to help us win.
If you’re ready to join us on our journey, send your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your passion and potential via SEEK . Make sure you include an answer to the following question in your cover letter: Which video game (new or old) had the most impact on you from an art perspective and why?