PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Tin Man Games - Junior 3D Environment Artist
(1 year full-time contract position)
About Tin Man Games:
Tin Man Games is an award-winning game development studio specializing in digital gamebooks and fantasy adventure games. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, the team have been developing games for close to 10 years, with over 35 titles available across iOS, Android and PC.
You will be:
- Working full-time from our headquarters in South Melbourne
- A junior 3D environment artist working to produce a range of 3D assets
- An important member of a close-knit team, working alongside our lead technical artist and taking responsibility for the production of a variety of 3D assets
- At the beginning of your 3D art career
- Talented, proactive, and eager to learn and expand your skill set
You will receive:
- A competitive contract salary based on experience
- 1 year full-time contract, with the opportunity for longer term dependent on the success of studio projects
- The opportunity to work in Melbourne’s CBD
- A fun and lively office environment
You will need:
Basic proficiency in:
- At least one piece of 3D software
- UV Unwrapping techniques (non-automated)
- Some Texture work including Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Core principles of working on Video Game assets
A portfolio that demonstrates:
- Initiative and a sense of enthusiasm for your work.
- A sense of personal style (does not need to match our projects)
- Clear examples of work you’ve completed beyond tertiary course requirements
- As this is a junior role, we do not expect evidence of commercial experience. Instead, we’re looking for art produced for game jams, art tests or your own experiments
- A willingness to move beyond the comfort zone of your current skill set and learn new 3D modelling programs and techniques, as guided by the lead technical artist
It would be nice if you have:
A keen interest in fantasy fiction and roleplaying games
Experience in any of these areas:
- Substance Designer/Painter
- Unity or Unreal Engine
- 3ds Max
--- --- ---
We are keen to meet a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds so if you feel that you have a unique skill or perspective to offer we hope to hear from you.
If you are unsure that your skill set is an exact match for this description but feel you could offer something awesome to our team we would love to hear from you. Please, don’t be shy and send us an application!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight AEST on Monday June 11th 2018. A minimum of 2 references are required, and referrals are highly regarded.
For more information on Tin Man Games, visit us at http://tinmangames.com.au/.
Applications received from people working in similar industries will be treated with the strictest of confidence. As part of our recruitment procedures for this role, Tin Man Games may independently verify the information you provide us during the recruitment process.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted as a result of this application.