EOI - Lecturer (Games)
Global Creative Media Education Provider
Business unit of the Navitas Group (ASX200)
About the business:
SAE Institute, with 53 campuses in 27 countries, has been setting the global benchmark for creative media education since 1976. In Australia, we proudly offer government accredited diplomas, bachelor and masters degrees across 6 disciplines – Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, and Web & Mobile.
SAE Melbourne is seeking an experienced lecturer/industry professional in Games to join our Institute in the upcoming Trimester.
As part of our exciting Games lecturing team you will deliver classes and workshops, engage in assessment and marking processes, and deliver associated student support and administration tasks.
This teaching role will primarily be in practical, studio-based classes where the assessment items are practical game development projects and their associated documentation
Applicants with industry experience will be given preference for the role.
Our teaching positions
Lecturers are tasked with providing a world class learning experience to students. They facilitate high quality student outcomes in line with the Institutes module learning outcomes and graduate attributes. These responsibilities correlate to three core areas;
1. Quality of Learning & Teaching – The effective delivery of modules within SAE Programs;
2. Pastoral Care – Engagement of students;
3. Collegial Practice – Building capacity within the organisation via active participation with peers and colleagues.
Skills and experience
Qualifications & Experience:
• Demonstrable teaching experience in one or more SAE discipline area;
• Possess significant industry experience in Games.
• Hold an AQF Level 9, or higher, in a related discipline;
• Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills;
• Excellent scholarly expertise and/or industry expertise;
• Good interpersonal and written communication skills;
• Ability to build relationships with all levels of the campus;
• Proficient in the use of industry specific software / hardware and processes;
• Excellent understanding of transferable skills;
• Cultural awareness;
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
All applicants must have a current Working With Children Check.
To apply, please email Anjali Singh firstname.lastname@example.org