Wymac Gaming Solutions is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team.
We are a team of 30 developers, artists and designers working on an unannounced flagship title with an unannounced partner, as well as a number of shorter term interactive projects. We're looking for an experienced project manager or producer looking to step into a project management role to help ensure the smooth running of the team and it's many projects as the company continues to grow. The ideal candidate will have shipped a number of video game titles in a similar role, but applicants looking to move from other interactive software fields will also be considered. This role will report directly to the CTO and work hand in hand with the producer/ lead game designer to ensure project scope's are in keeping with and in respect of the unpredictability that comes with the creative and experiential nature of game development.
- Help the team to establish realistic timelines, estimates and release plans while working within executive constraints (time/ budget)
- Supplement the existing team management (CTO/ Producer) by helping facilitating action plans and team communication
- Identify and implement improvements to development team processes and procedures
- Learn the in's and out's of each project, leaning on the Producer for creative decision making/ communication
- Demonstrable experience as either a project manager or producer in the games/ interactive entertainment industry - PC/ Console games a plus
- Strong desire to work with emerging products in untested waters
- A strong understanding of what it takes to take a video game project from start to finish
- Confidence - must be able to justify time frame decisions to executives and investors during board meetings alongside the producer
- Must be happy working across multiple projects at once - able to multi-task
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Happy working autonomously at times to establish realistic time frames ahead of development starting
This role is full time and will operate out of our Oakleigh office situated 2 min walk from Huntingdale train station and 20 min from the CBD by train. Remuneration package can be negotiated based on experience during the interview.
Please email a cover letter and CV (Linkedin link is fine) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org