VRTOV is an award-winning VR Studio based in Melbourne. We create story-focused interactive VR experiences that aim to engage, entertain and delight our audiences.
We show our work at film festivals around the world, and our clients include some of the world's largest broadcasters.
We are looking to grow our content team and are seeking a talented Senior Unity Developer to join us, working across several high-profile projects at various stages of development, from initial scoping and technical design to final delivery.
You have 3-5+ years' experience working in published Unity projects. You are a developer who is talented, driven and passionate about your craft. You are detail-oriented and able to own your own work and self-manage your time. You work well with others within development and art teams and are confident taking a leadership role in planning and delivering work. You are able to come up with creative solutions to problems, and put your own unique touch on the projects you work on.
- Work with Unity to create high-quality and performance optimised VR experiences for both mobile and PC based platforms
- Work with Project Managers to accurately identify and schedule tasks
- Take on a leadership role within the development team to help manage projects through to delivery
- Unity and C#
- VR enthusiast with a broad understanding of the different VR platforms and technologies in the current market
- Works well within a team
- Creative problem solver
- Writing performant and optimized code
- Prior experience developing for VR in Unity, particularly working with the Oculus Rift, Gear VR and Google Daydream SDKs
- Experience writing shaders optimized for mobile
- Prior experience publishing to the Oculus, Play and Steam storefronts
- All additional proficiencies related to software development / game development in Unity will be well regarded (e.g. texture art, 3D modelling, animation, sound design or integration, data analytics etc.)
Game development on one project is underway and we require someone who can start immediately and work full-time until early October, on a fixed-term contract. The option to extend this contract will be made to the right candidate after October, and we are open to negotiate a more flexible time arrangement at that point. This is a Melbourne-based position, based in the CBD.
We are interested in hearing about your previous experience, technical ability and capability to deliver all or part of the above Project Specifics. A link to your portfolio and examples of previous work are essential.
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com