We're a recently venture-backed startup based in Surry Hills, Sydney looking for a full-time Lead Game Designer to direct and lead a flagship multiplayer unity title.
Aggressive time-frame, competitive pay. Equity + salary, or pure salary arrangements available. Hiring immediately.
We’re looking for an experienced Game Designer to assist with development of a new turn-based multiplayer strategy game in Unity. A deep understanding of in-game economics, incentivising engagement, and balancing competitive gameplay required. Opportunities to organise a large international competition for the game once launched.
- Balancing competitive gameplay for a turn-based, multiplayer strategy game.
- Modeling and designing a sustainable in-game economy
- Lead game design from concept to implementation, working closely with programmers, in a short timeframe
- Have a good understanding of behavioural economics and player incentives, and work to build an engaging and fun game.
- Assist in directing the art and aesthetic of the game, working with illustrators and 3d artists.
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped title on any platform
- Strong understanding of the free-to-play monetisation strategies
- Competent with designing in-game economies and behavioural economics
- Strong understanding of competitive multiplayer gameplay/eSports scene
- Strong understanding of game balance, at launch and with new content releases
- Deep understanding of Unity
- Highly autonomous and focused, with an ability to lead a team
- Highly motivated and passionate, wanting to grow a startup into a triple-A quality game with hundreds of thousands of players
- Understanding of games communities, i.e. Twitch.tv
- Experience with GitHub/BitBucket or similar version control
- Experience in creating multiplayer games
- Art direction skills, or experience in 3D Modelling
- Contacts in eSports Scene/experience with organising large gaming tournaments
Full time role in our Surry Hills office. Minimum of 4 years of experience in the game industry and/or multiple shipped titles.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, sample code, references, etc. We're particularly interested to see shipped titles you directed or had a hand in directing!
We're a fun and fast-paced startup, and want talented, ambitious people who love their work.
Fuel Games does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, or for any other reason. We have a highly inclusive and accommodating environment, and welcome and encourage diversity!
Applications close June 10, 2018.