Concept Artist/ Illustrator
We’re searching for a concept artist/illustrator to join our team developing, “the Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti.”
The game is about a teenage musician who embarks on a multidimensional journey to inspire his stage persona. The title is published by Annapurna interactive.
“It was a gorgeous game. It was both one of the best sounding things I’ve ever heard on a show floor and visually stunning and weird.” - IGN
"It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen, a sci-fi space opera of a platformer that takes its whimsy very seriously." - Kotaku
"The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti may well be one of the best things I saw at PAX East 2017." - iDigitalTimes
The Artful Escape’s artstyle is primarily constructed of 2D illustrations. This position requires someone who can not only execute beautiful assets in the style and tone of the game, but also imagine their own. Applicants should have an interest in fashion, science fiction and psychedelia. Additional work in 3D would be a bonus.
- Designing and executing game elements such as characters, outfits, foliage, structures, alien creatures ect.
- Creating art assets to match tone and style of the game
- Liaise with Art Director
- Skilled in Adobe Suite
- Ability to evaluate time requirements
- Able to commute to Inner City Melbourne would be ideal.
- Prior experience with real time game engines
- Skilled in Maya (Prefered) or 3DS Max
- Experience with source control
- Experience with particle systems
- Substance Designer Painter
- Sculpting experience
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply.
We are located in Melbourne CBD close to public transport.
Send CV (if you have one) and portfolio/Artstation to firstname.lastname@example.org