Are you a Senior Look Development Artist?
Luma is a leading visual effects studio that has worked on tons of blockbuster films like Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Prometheus; Academy Award-winning films including Crash, True Grit and No Country for Old Men; and numerous commercials such as A Mini Marvel for Coke which aired during Super Bowl 50. We are a crew of talented artists that hail from all over the world, who are passionate about creating mind blowing work. On top of that, we are a cool company, with cool people, cool offices, and we do cool things. Can't beat that!
If you're down to become part of a growing family, we'd love to hear from you.
- Define and establish the look for photo realistic assets/shot/sequence while guiding an asset team
- Ensure consistency among shots sharing similar assets or lighting rigs in order to preserve continuity
- Work closely with the compositing and lighting departments to distribute and maintain shader, texture and FX libraries as well as ensuring consistency and match of look for specific assets/shots/sequences
- Understand modern texturing principles and how they apply to advanced layered shading networks
- Understand high level rendering/shader network construction principles independent of specific renderers
- Confidently guide texture artists to produce high quality texture maps
- Demonstrate the ability to self sufficiently complete less subjective/simpler assets with minimal input from supervisors
- Thorough knowledge of Maya and Nuke, as well as high level rendering/shader network construction principles independent of specific renderers
- Thorough knowledge of modern texturing principles and how they apply to advanced layered shading networks
- Demonstrated ability to confidently guide texture artists to produce high quality texture maps
- Self sufficient and can complete less subjective/simpler assets with minimal input from supervisors
- Must be open to direction and work in a team focused environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management / organizational skills
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
- Experience in Arnold
- A rooftop patio with a million dollar view of Melbourne
- Really, really good coffee
- Paid vacation days - four weeks per year!
- Paid sick days (cough!)
- A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
- Mates, not colleagues
If this looks like you, please apply here: http://www.lumapictures.com/job-detail/?job_id=ae602cc5-5725-4fdb-9dd4-6...