Wargaming Sydney is looking for a Build Automation Engineer to join our DevOps team. We are a friendly team that likes to work closely with developers to make great games and tech. Our team likes to share knowledge, so you can expect to be able to learn from us and teach us something too.
As a part of the DevOps team, you will work with other team members to assist developers in managing source code, building binaries from it, testing and distributing them to the appropriate teams and studios. You will also help build and maintain the systems that make up the various Continuous Integration pipelines. These include Jenkins, Artifactory, Perforce and various others.
- You have a desire to automate repetitive tasks, and have done this before using a scripting or programming language. We use Python and shell among other things.
- You understand the benefits that CI can bring, either through direct experience, or through a desire to introduce such a system.
- You have used and are familiar with source control systems (eg: perforce / git / subversion), and understand their benefits and limitations.
- You are comfortable using Linux (any distribution) on the command line and can troubleshoot system and performance issues.
- You talk to people openly and ask questions to understand their requirements. You also understand the value of keeping logs of interactions and requirements in tracking and documentation systems like Jira and Confluence.
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, making kernel module changes, understanding of NTFS or EXT4 filesystems).
- Have created and fixed problems in build files (VS Projects, CMake, Makefiles).
- Have used Docker or other container technologies to deploy bespoke production systems.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
A bit about the studio and office
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
One of the largest development studios in Australia, Wargaming Sydney created the award-winning BigWorld Technology, which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new games and advanced technologies.
We are a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.