Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking an experienced Game Designer to work on current and future mobile game titles.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted heavily to mobile, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 25 million downloads to-date. We’re currently in the process of growing our team, and plan to start development on a new original IP later this year.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
We’re looking for an experienced Game Designer to assist with the continued development of Crash of Cars, as well as the development of new original IP.
Key duties will include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to gather, input and execute on ideas from concept to delivery
- Articulate concepts in a clear unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive of others’ ideas.
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the end user while keeping the project goals in mind.
- Help develop the “look and feel” of the game with the goal to create a polished and quality product.
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped title on any platform
- Strong understanding of the mobile market, in particular, free-to-play games
- An understanding of meta-game systems and their relationship with core gameplay.
- Expertise with Unity
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space, with the ability to identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
For this full-time role at our Sydney CBD office, we are seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years of game industry experience.
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close June 21, 2018. Relocation assistance is available for successful candidates.