Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, a location-based multiplayer property tycoon. In our game, players choose what kind of real estate mogul they want to be, strategize around which properties to acquire, and either cooperate or compete with other players to reach their goals.
Our talented team needs someone dedicated to coordinating our efforts.
Do you crave the chance to take location-based games to a new level? Are you a Mobile Games Producer with a strong understanding of front-end and back-end technology solutions? If so, we need you!
We’re looking for a Producer who’s well-versed in project management from pre-production to live service and understands the intricate balance of business, creative and tech that leads to a great game. You’ll facilitate and organise the work of our multidisciplinary team and keep us on track to find the best solutions to meet our goals within our timeline.
As our Producer, you will:
- - Work with our CEO and senior team managers to execute on goals and priorities, assess risks and develop production plans.
- Organise our multidisciplinary team using Agile methodology.
- Identify challenges and facilitate problem-solving so we can meet our deadlines.
- Adapt and manage changes in our dynamic startup environment.
- Participate in reviews of our game and constructive feedback to improve our product.
- Foster an environment where concerns and ideas from all team members are heard, understood and considered, so everyone can produce their best work.
- Liaise with external partners such as platform holders and contractors as necessary to launch and maintain an outstanding product.
We seek someone who has:
- - Significant experience in managing multidisciplinary team through the launch of live service games (5+ years and some titles shipped)
- Excellent understanding of prioritisation and sequencing of tasks on a games project
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong understanding of technical front-end and back-end solutions, art pipelines and game design process
- Strong personal drive and ability to lead a team to deliver high quality results on schedule
- Good knowledge of project management, especially Agile development principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and collaborate with others to get their best work
- Ability to moderate creative discussions to find solutions that have the right balance of business, creative and technical considerations
- Attention to detail
- - You’ve worked in free-to-play and/or mobile development before.
- You’ve developed or led the development of software projects and/or games in Unity.
- You know Confluence and Jira.
- You’ve handled pre-production, production, launch and live service cycles.
- You have experience with analytics and revenue optimisation.
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
- Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide. You must be authorized to work in Australia as a citizen, permanent resident or current holder of a 457 visa.
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a list of your published projects and any relevant links.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.