Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, a location-based multiplayer property tycoon mobile game. In our game, players choose what kind of real estate mogul they want to be, strategize around which properties to acquire, and either cooperate or compete with other players to reach their goals.
Buy Somewhere is currently looking for a Senior Back End Developer to lead our back end development team. Would you like to build a scalable architecture that processes a wealth of property data and survives millions of concurrent users? Read on!
We’re looking for a Senior Back End Developer with experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with a focus on AppEngine, DataStore, DataFlow and BigQuery. You’ll work at our Sydney studio on all areas of the development cycle, and help lead and nurture the back end team in collaboration with the Technical Director. You’ll collaborate with our game designers, artists and frontend developers to prototype and launch a memorable game.
We seek someone with the following skills:
- - 2+ years industry experience in the design and development of highly scalable solutions.
- 5+ years development experience in a production environment.
- Google Cloud Platform, with experience AppEngine and DataStore as primary products.
- Primarily experienced in Python however good working knowledge in Java, C# and SQL are a bonus.
- Strong in Git, Jira and Confluence and CI/CD.
- Exceptional documentation skills.
We’re especially interested someone with experience in these additional areas:
- - Unity3d
- Knowledge of the DataFlow, BigQuery, AppEngine Pipelines library, mapreduce
- Game development
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- Employee Options in a high growth potential startup
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
- Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide however, you must already be authorised to work in Australia (citizen, permanent residency or holder of a 457 visa.)
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at email@example.com. Please include any portfolio information, links, playable demo, videos or other content that demonstrate your skills. If those examples are from team projects, make sure to specify your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.