Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As our Technical Artist, you will take responsibility for the creation of dynamic real-time visual effects. You will be working with Engineering, Art and Design teams to improve the functionality and performance of our visual effects pipeline and you will also assist the game teams in implementing one off and reusable visual effects.
• Be a bridge between artists and programmers.
• Work closely with the team leads, producers, and art director.
• Act as a technical advisor - inform teams of foreseeable issues and technical limitations as relevant to art direction
• Research and prototype rendering techniques for chosen art direction
• Find creative solutions to realize artistic visions within the technical limits of the target platforms.
• Design, build, and maintain art content pipelines.
• Develop scripts and tools for artists to optimize their workflow.
• Mentor artists in the chosen methods and tools of production.
• Work on a wide range of games, with a variety of technologies and game engines.
• Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
• Knowledge of games engines and how they work internally.
• Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline.
• Understanding of basic maths/physics
• Proficiency in 3DSMax, Maya and Photoshop.
• Excellent knowledge of rigging in 3DSMax.
• Practical 2D and 3D animation experience
• Proficient with the following: MaxScript, Python, C#
• Experience with rapid development toolsets a plus (eg. Procedural texturing)
• Knowledge of compression tricks and techniques
• Cross discipline code/art/design work experience
• Render pipeline programming experience
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
• Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
• Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
• Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!