Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
The Build and Deployment Automation Engineer will be responsible for day to day support of the game creation process and code compilation and integration, improving builds performance and supporting QA with automating testing and game publishing tasks. This role will also have cross functionality to support the Release and Live Operations teams.
• Collaborate with engineering and content creation teams to design tools and improve the development process
• Maintenance and improvement of the build system
• Developing and managing continuous integration system configurations
• Work closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes.
• Work with engines developers, ensuring that engine-specific build pipeline works seemlessly
• Keep existing tools up-to-date in accordance with the latest changes in the development pipeline and the needs of the team
• Monitor automated build systems and our continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate in resolution of build failures
• Create and maintain documentation of the build/release process
• Be flexible and provide support for other team members during critical stages of development
• Provide regular status updates to various levels of management.
• Strong knowledge of source control management and tools (SVN, GIT)
• Solid Python and Lua scripting experience
• Solid shell scripting experience (powershell, bash, cmd)
• Experience with Continuous Build, Integration, and Delivery (Jenkins)
• Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, iOS and Android; build systems such as make, premake, jam
• A proactive attitude towards helping others to get their work done faster and more efficient
• Attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• C++ and C# experience is a big plus, but not essential
• Interest in good code practices
• Experience in academic projects, own personal projects or professional experience as a programmer
• Experience on production teams making games for mobile or consoles and PC/Mac