Playcorp Studios is searching for an enthusiastic and talented 2D artist with a passion for games, to work onsite at our office space located in Melbourne's city centre.
Our ideal candidate is someone who displays AAA standard of work in a broad range of styles. The artist must be able to concept and meet technical requirements including character design, environment design, interface design and iconography. In this role you’ll be expected to concept a range of assets from characters, environments and props. Other tasks also include creating ingame icons and textures for unwrapped models.
We seek someone who is well spoken and passionate about their ideas and creations.
We are looking for an artist who:
- Is able to successfully follow schedules and meet deadlines
- Has extensive experience in Photoshop or equivalent software
- Shows strong illustration skills
- Has icon creation skills
- Can concept structures, characters, props and environments
- Has user interface design experience
- Is confident and shows strong communication skills
- Has the ability to follow art direction and style
- Is able to work within a collaborative team environment and to develop quick and concise concept art in an iterative approach
- Is able to explore ideas through iteration and collaborative direction
- Creation of 2D animation and visual effects
- Pixel art
- If you have any key game art examples
- Texturing 3D assets
- Familiarity with 3D modelling and texturing software (3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Substance/Designer)
- If you have shipped titles in a professional capacity
- Game engine knowledge - Unity/Unreal
- 2+ years industry experience
Thank you for taking the time to read through this. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested or have further inquiries, please send your resume to email@example.com and quote "2D Artist" in the subject line and provide the following:
- CV / Resume.
- Previous work examples