Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking a Junior Game Designer to work on current and future mobile game titles.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 25 million downloads to-date. We’re currently in the process of growing our team, and plan to start development on a new original IP later this year.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
About this role:
We’re looking for a Junior Game Designer to assist with the development of new and existing projects. Our games have reached over 100 million players to date, and we’re looking for motivated new team members to help us reach even more!
Our experienced team members will provide mentorship and guidance in this role to help upskill successful candidates, and to help build the best games possible.
Key duties will include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to gather, input and execute on ideas from concept to delivery
- Articulate concepts in a clear unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive of others’ ideas.
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Work with other designers to help develop the “look and feel” of the game, with the goal to create a polished and quality product.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Competent understanding of Unity
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space, with the ability to identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
This is a full-time role at our Sydney CBD office. If you would like to apply for this role, please fill out the form below:
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close September 17, 2018