• Attractive salary offers / long-term position
• Merit based quick promotion possibilities
• Rapidly growing company
• Award-winning team
What's this about
Award-winning video game company LionsHeart Studios, is looking for a talented, dedicated and driven (Advanced) Mid Back-End Programmer with experience in the video game industry to join its rapidly expanding team based at the University of New South Wales, Kensington Campus.
At LionsHeart we aim to develop video games that can educate the world, and successfully bridge the gap between the two. We care immensely about our users and aim to deliver our best in all our products.
Already counting a number of successful titles played by thousands of students across Australia, we are now moving into the world market as we ramp up for our public release this year.
A few prototype versions of our products can be found at http://lionsheartstudios.com/courses
About the position:
In this role we expect you to become an indispensable member of the dev team, working closely with game designers, developers and researchers to create game features and functionality in a very agile environment. You must care about your code and your team, and be ready to quickly learn on the job and take initiative.
* Experience with Promises, coroutines and the async/await pattern
* Comfortable using Git
* Experience with at least one other major language (e.g. Python)
* Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience with Linux
* Excellent communicator and team player
* Bachelor in Computer Science/Software Dev/similar or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
* Experience with reactive frameworks (e.g. React)
* Experience with Meteor or similar real-time frameworks.
* Experience with Docker
* Python proficiency
* Experience with Django
* AWS product knowledge
* A Github account showcasing your open-source contributions, perhaps with some projects of your own
* An interest in delivering educational content (scholarly background?)
If you are interested in joining a fun team of people delivering award-winning educational games, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please apply for this role only if you have the right to work in Australia. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.