Role: Art Lead (Mobile Games)
Location: Adelaide CBD
Salary: Based on experience
Contract Length: 12 month contracts available with strong possibility of extension for the right people
Employment Basis: Full time
Foxie Games is a growing mobile games studio located in the heart of Adelaide CBD. We are 8 team members strong, and hot on the release of our family title Horse Paradise in 2017, we are looking for several more talented, team-minded & self-motivated people to help build more ambitious original IP!
We are looking for a versatile and experienced Art Lead to define our visual style and lead our asset production pipeline. The Art Lead will work closely with the Creative Director and the tech team to deliver the most fit-for-purpose art for our games.
Why You’ll Love Working at Foxie:
You’ll get to work on original IP end-to-end in a supportive team, help shape every aspect of the titles you work on and watch hundreds of thousands of players interact with your creations!
- At least 3 years experience in a studio game artist role.
- Define an artistic vision for our mobile titles
- Work with external outsourcing partners to develop fit-for-purpose characters, textures, UI, 2D/3D assets, and other aspects related to the look and feel of our games
- Ensure mutual understanding exists between project lead, tech team and artists from concept design to asset delivery
- Demonstrated ability to execute a creative vision
- Exceptional eye for composition and colour & meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with all types of game art: 2D, 3D, UI, animation and visual effects.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and take ownership of their art asset development
- Assist in asset integration into production project
- Able and willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ with Photoshop / Maya / Max etc.
- A strong understanding of anatomy and architecture.
- Knowledge of how to utilise various visual styles
- Clear and proactive communication, and ability to give constructive feedback
- Basic familiarity with Unity3D including lighting, material setup, animation system and general workflows
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with quadruped character development
Successful applicants will join us in our office at GamePlus Adelaide. Salary will be based on experience.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject heading “Art Lead Role”. Please include links to your portfolio and describe your previous experiences. Please also indicate if you are able to start working full time ASAP, and if not, please make sure to specify your availability.
Applications Close 15th of July, 2018
Australia/New Zealand Permanent Residents Only