Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking a Game Designer to join our team. The role will initially be focused on a new, in-development mobile game title.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 40 million downloads to-date. We have a strong focus on developing and publishing original IP for mobile, with new projects in the pipeline.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
About the role:
We’re looking for a Game Designer to assist with the development of a new mobile game project. Our games have reached over 100 million players to date, and we’re looking for motivated new team members to help us reach even more!
Unlike some of our previous projects, this particular project will not be car related :)
Key duties will include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design, iterate and execute ideas from concept to delivery
- Articulate concepts in a clear and unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive to feedback from user testing, team members and stakeholders
- Use Design Tools to create gameplay levels and Live Ops events within an upcoming mobile free-to-play game.
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the player's experience while keeping the project goals in mind.
- Help develop the "look and feel" of the game with the goal to create a polished and quality product.
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped title on any platform
- Experience in designing systems that are part of the core loop, and understand how these systems would interact with the metagame
- Expertise with Unity
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- A strong understanding of the mobile market, in particular, free-to-play games
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
If you would like to apply for this full-time role at our Sydney office, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio or games that you have worked on
- We’d also love to hear an answer to the following question: “Outside of Game Design, what are your creative interests?”
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close July 20, 2019