Junior Technical Animator/Rigger
Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We have a rare opportunity for a talented and passionate Junior Technical Animator/Rigger to join us at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
- Work alongside and support the Animation Team ensuring they have the rigs, tools and pipeline needed to operate an efficient production pipeline.
- Work to improve existing pipelines and develop new tools to expedite the animation and rig creation process
- Working with MEL/Python scripts to automate the character animation process
- Tool development in Maya, Motion Builder, and C++
- Create and implementing efficient character/weapon/vehicle/prop rigs for the project
- Cooperating and working closing with the modelling teams
- Edit and improve existing character animation systems, including facial setups
- Show initiative and innovate within your duties.
- Finish allocated tasks and work to deadlines
- Able to thrive in a challenging environment, with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis
- Basic programming skills and experience
- Experience developing tools and rigs for Maya
- Good understanding of skin weight painting and skin deformation
- Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Familiarity of game engine requirements and rig parameters for game engines
- Familiarity of key framed and motion capture pipelines
- Strong work ethic & good attention to detail
- Passionate about the technical aspect of animation
- A friendly, cooperative spirit with fellow team mates
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to finish tasks and work to deadlines.
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Must be Australian or New Zealand citizens.
- Experience developing tools and rigs for Motion Builder
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, submit your application with your resume with link/s to your portfolio/reel in an email:
Subject: [JnrTechAnim] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
You will be contacted If your application makes the shortlist. No phone calls or agencies, please.