Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based games and technology studio working on its first mobile title, a genre-defining location-based game. To support this game, we're building best-in-class world generation systems.
To achieve these massive goals, we're looking for a Developer to join our back-end development team and play a key role in supporting our game.
Would you like to build a scalable architecture that processes locational data, feeds into game systems and survives millions of concurrent users? Read on!
We’re looking for a Back-End Developer with strong experience in Python cloud-based environments to help us build a map generation platform leveraging real-world data to populate our game world. You’ll work at our Sydney studio on all areas of the development cycle, and help develop the back-end team in collaboration with the Technical Director. You’ll collaborate with our game designers, artists and front-end developers to prototype and launch a memorable game.
As our Back-End Developer, you will:
- - Play a key role in the design and development of our locational platform.
- Collaborate strongly with all areas of our team, including game designers, artists and fellow front-end and back-end developers.
- Adhere to our internal code standards.
- Communicate technical constraints and troubleshoot designs with the appropriate team members.
- Track and resolve bugs.
- Undertake research and personal development and share your learnings to keep our technology on the cutting edge.
We seek someone with the following skills:
- - Exceptional architectural design and documentation skills.
- Strong commercial experience in Python 2.7
- Some experience in distributed / cloud-based scalable solutions.
- Well versed in SQL.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, specifically with PostGIS.
- Strong understanding of Git and CI/CD.
- - You've shipped a game that used the Unity as its front-end engine.
- You've built back-end architectures with Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, and/or other GCP products.
- You have working experience in C#.
- You've dabbled in machine learning.
- You're familiar with Jira and Confluence.
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- Employee Options in a high growth potential startup
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
- Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide however, you must already be authorised to work in Australia (citizen, permanent residency or holder of a 457 visa.)
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at email@example.com. Please include a list of your published projects and any relevant links.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.