Graduate Software Engineer
We are currently seeking two high achieving Computer Science graduates to join our team on a 12 month contract. The successful candidates will have a degree in Computer Science or similar, and have studied in areas such as Games Technology, Mathematics and Physics or web-based software and database development.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- • An applicable bachelor's degree.
- • A passion for learning and developing your software development skills.
- • Good interpersonal communication skills.
Candidates must also demonstrate some of:
- • Excellent understanding of 3D mathematics and physics.
- • Thorough understanding of C++ and/or C# as well as object-oriented principles.
- • Experience with games/graphics engines such as Unity.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- • A casual, friendly atmosphere.
- • Flexible hours.
- • A highly talented and dedicated team to work with and learn from.
- • We have many years of experience running successful agile software projects using SCRUM to regularly deliver new products and features to customers worldwide.
- • Exposure to DirectX and other gaming/graphics technologies including the latest Virtual Reality hardware.
- • We support your learning and growth with one day of personal project time allowed each fortnight.
This role is based in Osborne Park. Parking is provided and the office is conveniently located close to public transport. This position is a Fixed Term Contract.
WHAT WE DO
Immersive Technologies is the global leader in mining simulation and has been for 20 years. We are a trusted supplier to all major mining companies, have exclusive alliances with machine manufacturers and have customers in 39 countries. Our simulator software utilises gaming technologies to simulate heavy equipment in a virtual 3D world.
- • We work on interesting 3D simulation projects which combine our software with custom hardware including moving seating platforms, large display systems and realistic operator controls.
- • We develop object oriented application software in C++ and C# using libraries such as DirectX. We also create Node JS web applications using the latest web technologies such as ES6 and React.
- • We run well managed projects following agile processes.
- • We have short project cycles.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please include the following information:
- #1 - Resume & Cover letter.
- #2 - Academic transcript.
- #3 - A short summary of an interesting software project you have worked on. This can either be a university assignment, open source or personal project. Please include details of what successes you experienced, what technology was used and how you personally contributed to the success of the project team.
Please apply through the Seek ad here: http://www.seek.com.au/job/30198586