At League of Geeks we’re looking to push the boundaries of what is thought to be aesthetically possible, not just for boutique independent studios like our own, but for the medium itself.
We’re after an experienced Technical Artist with great artistic vision, out to make their mark in the games industry and improve the aesthetic potential of our games. Create fantastic shaders, mind-popping visual effects, and forge your own game assets. Improve our efficiency by creating pipeline tools for the artists, and maximise our output by helping to develop procedural systems. This is your opportunity to work with one of Australia’s best creative teams dreaming up and building new and original intellectual properties.
As an agile team, we love experienced generalists possessing deep specialisations and this is an excellent opportunity for you to invest in your skillset, whilst having a major impact on the experiences we create and deliver to our players. You will become a core member of the LoG family, part of our planning meetings, design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon drinks, weekly doggo day, and more. If you’re keen to work with the Australian Studio of the Year and get in on the ground floor for our unannounced project, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time fixed-term role, which we’d be looking to extend into a full-time position if the glove fits.
- At least 3 years experience in the games industry as a Technical Artist.
- The ability to streamline and improve Maya to Unity asset pipelines.
- The ability to create custom scripts, shaders and tools in Unity and Maya.
- Experience creating particle and environmental effects.
- Great technical and creative problem-solving skills.
- You can demonstrate your own strong artistic principles and experience.
- Being a self-starter with the ability to seek deficiencies in our processes and improve them.
- Excellent communication and team-work skills.
- A high attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Applicants with strong skillsets and proven experience in both technical art AND environmental 3D artwork will be greatly favoured for this role.
- You have a wealth of experience working within a studio’s art pipeline.
- You have experience working within different game art styles and platforms.
- You are highly experienced with Maya, Unity3D, Photoshop.
- You have experience with Zbrush, Substance Painter, GitHub, Perforce.
- You have a solid understanding of rigging, animation troubleshooting, joint constraints, skinning.
- Work closely with the the art and tech departments, in order to bring our shared artistic visions and art direction to life.
- Troubleshoot, invent and document workflows for artists creating assets for game development.
- Help develop art-focused procedural systems.
- Building environmental art and props.
- Empower LoG’s creative potential!
How to Apply:
- If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, send an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to admin(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com.
Women and under-represented developers we want to hear from you! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you!
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the number of applications, we will only be notifying successful applicants.