At League of Geeks we’re looking to push the boundaries of what is thought to be aesthetically possible, not just for boutique independent studios like our own, but for the medium itself.
We’re after a talented, professional and ambitious environment artist who carries a burning desire to make their mark on video games by forging world-class game environments. We’d love you, as the red-hot environmental artist, to blaze in and show us all how it’s done. Let’s experiment, push games past their usual constraints, and present new visions. This is your opportunity to work with one of Australia’s best creative teams dreaming up and building new and original intellectual properties.
As an agile team, we love experienced generalists possessing deep specialisations and this is an excellent opportunity for you to invest in your skillset, whilst having a major impact on the experiences we create and deliver to our players. You will become a core member of the LoG family, part of our planning meetings, design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon drinks, weekly doggo day, and more. If you’re keen to work with the Australian Studio of the Year and get in on the ground floor for our unannounced project, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time fixed-term role, which we’d be looking to extend into a full-time position if the glove fits.
- At least 3 years experience building environments, and a number of shipped titles.
- Great problem-solving skills, particularly using the usual slate of development tools including Maya, Zbrush/Mudbox and Unity.
- The ability to translate concept art into finished game assets, remaining true to an artistic vision.
- Excellent hard-surface modelling, sculpting and texturing skills.
- An excellent understanding of game development pipelines and technical restraints.
- The ability to create tileable or modular components with which to construct procedural game environments.
- Very strong aesthetic skills and tastes, and an understanding of differing art styles and how to achieve them in your work.
- Excellent communication and team-work skills.
- A high attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Applicants with strong skillsets and proven experience in both environmental 3D artwork AND technical art will be greatly favoured for this role.
- Experience with Substance Painter, GitHub and Perforce.
- The ability to supplement level creation with particle and environmental effects, and game props.
- The ability to develop, concept and communicate your own ideas and vision.
- You have organic modelling experience.
- Work closely with the art team and art director in order to realise and create game environments.
- Troubleshoot and create workflows for environmental assets into the game using Maya to Unity3D.
- Build and texture environmental art and props, sometimes for bespoke levels, or sometimes for procedural systems.
- Empower LoG’s creative potential!
How to Apply:
- If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, send an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to admin(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com.
Women and under-represented developers we want to hear from you! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output and we’d love to work with you!
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the number of applications, we will only be notifying successful applicants.