We are Chaos Theory Games, a young and ambitious video game development studio based in Sydney, Australia, and we are looking for a lead artist to work with us in-house for a full-time 2-month contract, starting the 2nd of January, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
The vast majority of our work is client-facing with multiple projects running concurrently. We have a large number of new projects starting in January and are looking for a talented generalist to join our team. You will need to have a solid understanding of 2D and 3D development pipelines, be able to produce assets in a wide range of styles, and manage a team of external resources over multiple projects.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about video games and will bring that passion to work every day! We get to work on some truly amazing projects, and an appreciation for video games is essential to understanding what makes a quality product.
- Basic concepting / sketching skills
- An in-depth knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, and Unity3d
- Broad understanding of 2d and 3d production pipelines
- Clear communication is essential. You will be communicating with clients, developers, and artists every day, both internally and externally.
- A diverse range of techniques and styles is beneficial due to the wide breadth of projects we work on.
- 1 years' experience in a management position of a games or software development team.
- Have worked on at least 2 published games (preferably mobile)
- Meeting with clients to discuss art direction, present work, and interpret feedback. (5%)
- Analysing briefs, providing estimates for art-related tasks (5%)
- Gathering reference, creating moodboards (5%)
- 2D and 3D asset production (20%)
- Communicating with external resources, reviewing work, tweaking assets (40%)
- Implementing assets in engine (15%)
- Meetings, business, and admin-related tasks (10%)
About the Company
Chaos Theory Games is a boutique development studio that prides itself on creating games and interactive experiences of the highest quality. We have been working exclusively in the client services space for the past 24 months and have had the pleasure to work with such clients as eBay, UNSW, USyd, and 2and2. Our primary areas of focus are in building games or interactive experiences for education, advertising, and entertainment, and we have recently been exploring tool / middleware development.
We are actively cultivating a creative, inclusive, and productive environment where open discussions and strong opinions are encouraged. We have a dedicated gaming room with consoles and VR platforms that we like to play with whenever possible.
The long-term vision of the company is to build a superpowered in-house team capable of delivering impactful games and develop partnerships that help to send these games out to the world.
Applying for the position
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, your resume, and your art portfolio to hello[at}chaostheorygames.com
We will be conducting interviews starting on the 14th of December so that we can begin on-boarding before Christmas break.
We are open to recent graduates if they are outstanding candidates.