We require a story writer to work on an upcoming game title. We have a roughly developed game concept and characters. What we require is a writer to create 5 interactive stories and dialogue within a game we are developing at Mode. If you have applied for previous positions please get in touch again!
This position is only a short term contract. For this contract, candidates can work off-site (but must be located and have permission and legal requirements to work in Australia).
We are seeking candidates with:
- Creative Writing and command of English language (including grammar)
- Excellent storytelling and creative writing skills
- Thorough understanding of story-telling techniques and characterisation
- Dialogue-writing techniques
- Ability to write concise script within grammatical guidelines
- Thorough research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with team members and external parties when required
- Editing, copy-editing and proofreading skills.
To be successful, you will have:
- Credits on published work
- Script-writing experience preferred
- Experience working in a studio-based team environment (not necessarily games)
- Strong computer skills with some knowledge and must have a willingness to learn Unity to use our bespoke dialogue story engine.
- Excellent time-management skills
- All applications must include examples of published work. Candidates without work samples will be rejected.
Please provide examples of your work and links to your CV at http://mode-games.com/jobs/ Applications close on the 23/06/2017