Wargaming Sydney is seeking a physics programmer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience, who has the ability to work in a fast-moving environment and adapt to working with different technology stacks as required. Previous experience in game development and related technology is a plus. You will have the opportunity to develop top-notch low-level physics systems for our next generation of games and help deliver an awesome player experience.
- Experience working on physics systems in at least one game engine, UE4 a plus.
- Solid understanding of vehicle physics, spatial data structures, collisions and intersection testing and performance issues related to complex equations.
- Experience on the creation of vehicle architecture, code, and tooling and the physics of driving/flying in those vehicles.
- Very strong math skills and background.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to create world-class games.
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with any other programming languages, especially Python.
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Shipped games.
A bit about the studio and office:
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
Wargaming Sydney is the software studio behind BigWorld Technology, the cutting-edge online game engine that powers World of Tanks, the smash-hit MMO with over 100 million players, and other record-breaking titles. BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.