Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking an experienced Game Designer (Mid or Higher) to join our team working on a brand new mobile game IP.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 35 million downloads to-date. We are currently in the early stages of developing a new original IP for our next in-house title.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
We’re looking for an experienced Game Designer to assist with the development of our new in-house mobile game project.
Key duties will include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design, iterate and execute ideas from concept to deliverable
- Articulate concepts in a clear and unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive to feedback from user testing, team members and stakeholders
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the player’s experience while keeping the project goals in mind.
- Help develop the “look and feel” of the game with the goal to create a polished and quality product.
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped title on any platform
- Strong understanding of the mobile market, in particular, free-to-play games
- Experience in designing systems that are part of the core loop, and understand how these systems would interact with the metagame
- Expertise with Unity
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space, with the ability to identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses, game economy, core loops and metagame loops
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
For this full-time role at our Sydney CBD office, we are seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years of game industry experience.
This role is open to Mid or Higher candidates, with competitive pay depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close January 13, 2019. Relocation assistance is available for successful candidates.