Game Programming Teacher, AIE Sydney
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), the leading educator in game development, 3D animation and VFX, is looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Game Programming) at our Sydney campus.
The Advanced Diploma is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on the core skills required by game programmers. The successful applicant will develop, update and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year. Teaching experience is desirable, but not necessary. Strong communication skills, a team orientated attitude and commercial games programming development experience are essential.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team, across all campuses.
This position is full time, but permanent part time will be considered (min. 3 days per week) for the right applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering the course content for the Advanced Diploma using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorials
- Planning, creation and development of new course materials
- Reviewing, as part of a team, current curriculum and updating as required
- Advising and assisting students on both programming and technical issues
- Monitoring student progress including attendance, course competencies, informal and formal assessment
- Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises
- Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming and the application of middleware
- Ability to keep knowledge current with industry standards and further own learning as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prior teaching experience an advantage
- Formal qualification in a relevant area
Salary negotiable based on skills and experience
To find out more get in touch with Jeff Lockhart, Head of School on (02) 8514 8800.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org