QA Lead - Joy Business Academy
Joy Business Academy is a growing and ambitious studio striving to push the boundaries of lifelong learning. We use modern digital tools, game design techniques and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world.
We are calling out for an experienced Quality Assurance Testers to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, instructional designers, and game designers. As a Quality Assurance Lead your job is to ensure that each project is thoroughly tested as thoroughly and that all stakeholders are consistently kept in the loop regarding the state of the projects while assuring that the QA team (internally and/or externally) is empowered to complete their tasks efficiently. You are a strong communicator, both agile and capable, and a great planner for both pre-launch and post-launch conditions. As a manager, you handle and schedule the team’s responsibilities while coordinating with Production and the development team.
You’ll be coming to a team with a strong sense of ownership and pride over their work, as well as one that is deeply attuned to creating positive social impact for a wide range of learning communities.
Sounds intriguing? Read up on what we’re looking for, and let us know if you are the one.
Description of Duties (a.k.a what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis)
- Ownership, maintenance and communication of all QA related projects and reporting of associated risks for all assigned projects.
- Understand software systems and architecture, design requirements and production—to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Define reporting procedures, testing plans, testing tasks and scheduling, issue logging, developing test suites.
- Hiring and managing QA staff and team—from production, to launch and beyond.
- Managing and tasking external QA resources periodically.
- Reporting the results of the current testing efforts to Production and other Leads.
- Continual improvement of QA processes.
- Collaborating with the rest of the development team to track defects, fixes, and feature development.
- Provide technical support and guidance for the build pipeline.
- Analysing underlying code and data to identify and resolve core causes of technical issues.
- Organising and participating in focused user testing.
- Coordinating with other technical teams within our clients and partners.
- Ensuring that all test and design documentation is up to date and relevant.
- Manage the testing of a live game across multiple platforms.
- Perform build deployment, scheduling and reporting.
- Assist in managing security-related testing and audits.
Skills Profile (a.k.a requirements to be successful in the role)
We have a mixture of web platforms and educational games (developed in Unity) that to undergo Quality Assurance.
We deliver our games in a variety of formats including PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Web GL. Our games tend to need to be performant for a wide range of consumers and hardware, with clients that are both local and global.
Our next QA Lead should have:
- Demonstrable industry experience as a QA Tester or equivalent position.
- Superb critical analysis skills.
- Effective communication abilities—written and verbal.
- Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and processes.
- Experience with using, deploying, and maintaining bug-tracking software.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to create, maintain and improve quality assurance processes.
- Experience in team management—locally and remotely.
- Experience in test automation and tools.
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent).
- Knowledge of versioning systems like GitHub, Perforce, etc.
Major bonus points will be earnt for experience in games and/or mobile. Especially an understanding of the requirements, guidelines and procedures for launching products on the App Store and Google Play.
Additional bonus points for understanding the requirements and procedures for testing cloud-based services such as AWS, GC and Azure.
Your Profile (a.k.a traits that would make you fit into our team seamlessly)
We’re a team passionate about creating positive social impact through interactive experiences and games. As such, it’s important to us that our staff share the same passion and are advocates for the company values that guide the way we operate.
You’d be our ideal candidate, if you are…
- Driven and Self-motivated - you don’t wait around to be told what to do, you take pride and ownership over your work.
- Collaborative-minded - you enjoy learning from others and hearing a range of unique perspectives.
- Optimistic - not necessarily the “always happy” type, but you see issues and failures as opportunities rather than, well, issues and failures.
- Authentic - you know who you are, and you are secure in how your unique personality profile can add value to a team.
- Solution-minded - you see problems as a pathway to a solution or solutions, and not the end of the road.
- Have a sense of social responsibility - we chose to center our business around creating positive social impact because we deeply believe that it is our duty to do so.
- Supportive and team orientated - you work well in a team and support your peers in achieving the best results for our clients and our end users.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume, and an accompanying cover letter that includes:
- Key relevant experience
- Who you are and how you see yourself fitting into our team
- Why you would like to work for JBA
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact Jerome Kelsey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value having members that represent our global diversity. We strongly encourage any individual regardless of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status to apply for this role.