Torus Games has an open position for an experienced Level Designer. This is a full time, fixed term position at our development studio in Bayswater.
As a level designer, you will be responsible for the design, prototyping and game play of your levels at Torus. The ideal candidate will have industry experience on a shipped game.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Game credits as a level designer
* Passion for level design and computer games
* Folio of level design, e.g. greybox maps, concept sketches and finished 3D models
* Examples of your work must include explanations to show your understanding of design
* Understanding of gameplay in consideration of genre, audience, technology and entertainment
* 3D package experience (Maya preferred, but not essential)
* Ability to work in a creative team
* Ability to plan levels according to game design and art design requirements
* Micromanage daily routines in accordance with production schedules
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Experience creating different genres (platformers, FPS, driving)
* Scripting level experience
* Industry / Hardware knowledge
* Low poly modelling and UV unwrapping
* Game texture creation
Only applicants with Australian citizenship or relevant visas will be considered. We do not relocate international or interstate applicants and we are not considering off-site employment.
All applications must include work samples, as either a CD/DVD or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Please address any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Torus does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.