We’re interested in an experienced gameplay programmer, who is someone with a passion for coding and enthusiasm to become part of our team. You will be working closely with designers, artists, QAs and other programmers to implement gameplay features.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working on features in areas such as Game Mechanics, UI, Animation, Audio, AI and Networking.
* Debugging issues in the game
* Optimization of code to meet performance requirements
* Define the required steps and estimation time to deliver assigned tasks
* Contribute to code review and technical design documentation
* QA testing of other team members’ task submissions
* At least 3 years of professional game development experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of C#
* Previous experience with Unity 3D
* Excellent problem-solving and math skills
* Worked in an agile environment
* Experience working with source controls (preferably Git)
* Having experience with Issue tracking systems (Preferably JIRA)
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to think like designers to create compelling and fun gameplay
Nice to have
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
* Good understanding of ECS pattern and Unity Dots
* 1 or more shipped title (Console games are a bonus)
* Experience with TDD and unit-testing frameworks
Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne Australia. We are currently working on a number of games for the PC, Console and Mobile platforms for a worldwide audience. We work with some of the industry’s most noteworthy and experienced game developers, producers and artists.
We’re looking for talented individuals that are like-minded in creating beautifully designed aesthetically pleasing art and features. Because we are a small company, any knowledge in game design will greatly help with your work. We want everyone to feel like they have ownership of their role and work and take control of it’s direction, with feedback of course.
Working with us you'll get access to our wonderful shared workplace managed by The Cluster. The office is home to other brilliant companies and friendly faces that are always willing to have a chat. They host weekly lunches and events frequently and have snacks out everyday and don’t forget the free drinks every Friday night.
If interested, please send us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Resume and any additional attachments with the title ‘Gameplay Programmer’
Thanks for taking the time to read this!