We’re looking for a New Zealand or Australian based full time contract Unity programmer who is interested in working with an experienced 3 person team. The studio is online-based, work from home, with an initial 1 month contract / trial period leading into a longer term contract if all goes well.
Experience and Requirements;
- Strong online communication skills and team collaboration experience. Remote working experience is preferable.
- Ability to estimate work accurately and work within short project timeframes.
- 3+ Years Unity with C# experience with strong general programming skills.
- Examples of projects completed alone or with a small team, preferably including viewable source code.
- Webgl, Optimization, Interface, Gameplay or Network Programming experience is advantageous.
- Strong eagerness to learn, malleable per project, with the ability to problem solve and work autonomously.
Team and Role;
SideQuest, was established Feb 2018 by two 10+ year veteran game developers, Michael Reitzenstein (RockSolid Games) and Andy Wiltshire (BulletProof Arcade). As a new team member you will be reporting directly to Michael the lead programmer, working alongside Andy and the Art team. We are focused on creating Webgl-based Online Multiplayer games for the IO game market, with the possibility of porting to other platforms such as Steam and Mobile. General duties will involve programming support to Mike; including interface, game additions and maintenance - with the potential to lead into broader scope work in the future.
Please send applications, with CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org